Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sitting Pretty

It was an interesting day at Lake Woebegone, aka, downtown Austin, my home town.

I returned from lunch, buffeted by a pretty strong wind, which consequently reeked havoc with the hairdo, so I swung into the ladies room to fix my coif.

However, I never got a chance to beautify myself, because I was rudely surprised by - and surprised - a dark-skinned gentleman sitting there on the ceramic throne, pants around his ankles and in all his glory with the stall door wide open. In the ladies room. Upon my entry, the interloper jumped up, presumably to close the door, thereby exhibiting all his wares. Bad move.

I shrieked, "What are you doing in here!!?!?!?!!?" At which time, he figured out he was in trouble and immediately put himself back together to exit the place.

In the meantime, I rather excitedly advised the security guard about the fact that a man was helping himself to the ladies room, and inquired if he was asleep at the switch, or just sitting there on his duff, letting it happen. This office does not have a public restroom.

His reply, “Errr, ah, errr, oh.”

Oh, indeed.

To heck with the Aquanet, where is that Lysol when you need it?
-30-